Sunday 8 August 2010

Pics of my poor build from Turnarcades


Black paint all over the screen.  I wish I could photograph how dark the screen is, but I had to use a backlight just to bring up the spots. This is with brighness at full, the CRT monitor is old, knackered and Turnarcades wont refund it.

Just one of the joins that gives the build that real amateur feel. Remember this build cost nearly £1000 pounds. I dont expect this finish.


You dont need to finish the ends of MDF when you can just paint it... This is under the control panel. I guess nobody sees it so why spend any time finishing it....  /sigh.


when paying a grand for a build, you dont need a posh bezel when cardboard will do. Anyway thats not what i was bothered about, its that end of MDF finish again :(


Want to upgrade in the future, make a nice bracket for your monitor....... or pay £800 and they will just glue it in for you.


Turnarcades say they use cutoffs for the inside the build.. Well there goes my resale value.

After 2 weeks, the lights fell off.

No comments:

Post a Comment